The Vixen 21 TD motor home
The Vixen Motor Company built 298 21 TD's in 1986 with vehicle identification numbers 001 through 298. Another 78 units were built in 1987, VIN 299 through 376, for a total of 376 units.
Despite its modest exterior proportions, the Vixen 21 TD delivers the comfort and accommodations you'd expect from a significantly larger motor coach.
- FULL GALLEY includes a four-cubic-foot refrigerator, microwave oven, plenty of counter top area for food preparation, and a double-basin stainless steel sink all ready to use whether parked or stopped for the night.
- DINING AREA seats four adults comfortably by day and converts to a double bed by night. The front seatback in the Vixen 21 is easily flipped to provide forward-facing seating for two when traveling.
- STORAGE SPACE is of generous dimension in the Vixen 21 and includes a wardrobe closet with full-length mirror. Other spacious cabinets and stowage bins are conveniently located throughout, including a closet with three removable basket shelves. Additional storage areas are located under the master bed as well as under the front decklid.
- MASTER BEDROOM SUITE in the rear of the Vixen 21 spans its entire width and includes a full-size permanent double bed with privacy blinds.
- CUSTOM BATHROOM is complete with sink, mirror, toilet and shower.
- When parked, the pneumatic roof in the Vixen 21 can be automatically raised to deliver six-feet, six-inches of headroom throughout its length.
- THE DRIVER'S SEAT of the Vixen 21 offers comfortable efficiency with all controls within clear sight and easy reach. Instrumentation includes low-glare VDO speedometer, tachometer, voltmeter and fuel gauges. A sophisticated monitoring system keeps the driver constantly informed about the status of all sub systems. A fully adjustable bucket seat, electrically controlled dual side view mirrors and a tilt/telescoping steering wheel allow the driver to position himself comfortably.
- CREATURE COMFORTS include a Sony AM/FM stereo cassette player with four speakers, an automatic and manual leveling system, an economical and safe heating system, and automotive air conditioning with an auxiliary rear evaporator and blower. An optional 110-volt air conditioner is also available. Subtle refinements inside include custom mini-blinds, loop-weave carpeting, lighting with individual controls, and teak veneer cabinets.
With so many comforts and superior driveability, itÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s easy to understand why the Vixen 21 TD is the perfect vehicle for touring. Whether itÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s a weekend ski trip in the mountains or a cross country odyssey, Vixen 21 delivers the unique blend of performance, luxury and economy that add up to a new dimension in grand touring.
BMW 2.4 liter, 6-cylinder turbo diesel, 115 horsepower at 4,800 rpm
Manual 5-speed overdrive transaxle
Four-wheel independent coil spring
Recirculating ball, hydraulic-assisted power steering
Maintenance free, 12 volt auto battery; two 12-volt deep-cycle house batteries, high-rise 120-amp alternator, 110-volt shore power connection
Diesel-fueled Webasto System
Front disc, rear drum power assisted
6-inch x 15-inch
235/75R15 Goodyear Vector Radials
Dimensions and capacities
|WHEEL BASE||148 inches|
|FRONT TREAD||72.8 inches|
|REAR TREAD||70.1 inches|
|GROUND CLEARANCE||8 inches|
|FUEL TANK||23.5 gallons|
|FRESH WATER||25 gallons|
|BLACK WATER||13.5 gallons|
|GREY WATER||20 gallons|
Other pages open to the public: